|Interoperability Success Stories
OSA members take the need and desire for interoperability seriously, and often collaborate to produce valuable new products quickly and at a much lower cost than if they worked alone. Common Customer View is a major interoperability demonstration project produced by OSA members. It is a platform that integrates an interchangeable mix of business applications to provide a single view of all of a customer's activity. Each application's database is updated on the fly as changes are made to the customer's record in CCV. See a demostration of the CCV.
Other notable examples of OSA's collaborative spirit include:
Hyperic HQ Enterprise Reports were built using Jaspersofts' JasperStudio graphical report designer for JasperReports. Benefits:
- Provides management analysis of performance and service level activity
- A communication vehicle with management and others to determine the aggregate performance of the IT environment
Openbravo's version 2.3 of its ERP application integrates with JasperReports to provide a simple, flexible and attractive method of generating reports within Openbravo.
JasperETL, powered by Talend, is a complete and ready-to-run data integration platform for organizations of all sizes, providing high performance data extract-transform-load (ETL) capabilities. JasperETL is appropriate for all analytic and operational data integration needs, regardless of complexity.
Read more about it here: http://www.jaspersoft.com/Jaspersoft_JasperETL.html
SuiteTwo is a fully integrated suite of wiki, blog, RSS and social networking functionality, designed to harness the full power of mass collaboration. Designed to scale to any size organization, it includes a full complement of Web 2.0 features to suit any collaboration style, while enabling centralized management of users, storage and security.
Read more about it here: http://www.spikesource.com/suitetwo/
Companies / Projects involved:
Socialtext – open source wiki
Sixapart – open source blog
Newsgator – proprietary (.Net) RSS
NetDirector – open source config mgmt console
SpikeSource – integration, including single signon, common search and data integration
Ingres Icebreaker BI Appliance is a fully integrated software appliance that melds a tailored Linux operating system, the Ingres 2006 database, and the Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite. It eliminates unnecessary implementation and maintenance costs, and helps customers make informed decisions faster.
Key Benefits for Developers:
Key Benefits for Customers:
- Single touchpoint for customer (allows multiple open source companies to provide a single solution to the end customer)
- Includes all of the components needed to offer a full BI solution
- Cost and time savings of 70-80% through integration by simplifying configuration, setup, installation and life-cycle maintenance
- Single point of support -- including documentation, service, downloads, etc
Ingres and Alfresco want developers and end users to get up and running quickly and easily. That's why we built an integrated bundle of Alfresco with Ingres so users can install both technologies in one easy install.
Key Benefits for Developers
- Tuned offering
- Single touchpoint for both Alfresco and Ingres developer communities
Key Benefits for Customers
- Saves setup / install time
- Highly available solution, ready upon install